The NCMC Foundation is committed to supporting healthcare programs within the North Colorado Medical Center and throughout the community. We are pleased that you have chosen to visit our website and invite you to read more about the programs we support.
2014 Grants and Scholarships Awarded
The North Colorado Medical Center Foundation funds lifesaving and life-changing programs both at North Colorado Medical Center and in the community.
The following grants have been distributed through the third quarter of this year:
- $576,268 to support the renovation, expansion and technology upgrade project for the NCMC Cancer Institute.
- $211,852 to NCMC Departments to support the Hospitality House, Monfort Family Birth Center, Western States Burn Center, CardioVascular Institute Heart Conference, Heart Safe City Program, Emergency and Trauma Care Symposium, North Colorado Med Evac flight suits, ophthalmologic slit lamp teaching aid, Doctor’s Day appreciation, Weigh & Win kiosk, NCMC staff education and Hospice of Northern Colorado.
- $120,000 for the Sunrise Monfort Children’s Clinic to fund architectural and plaza upgrades, to include pedestrian walkways and landscaping, in preparation for the new family medicine clinic being built adjacent to the Monfort Children’s Clinic. The family medicine clinic will be operated by Sunrise Community Health and completes the healthcare campus which includes the Monfort Children’s Clinic and Sunrise Family Dental Clinic.
- $93,228 in patient support programs for qualified individuals. Support includes purchasing specialized burn garments for burn outpatients, assistance with living expenses for patients undergoing various cancer treatments, fitness programs for Cardiac and Pulmonary patients, medical transports and patient education materials.
- $110,000 for the Curtis Strong Center for the Visually Impaired to support low vision services and adult eyeglass and eye surgery programs.
- $74,555 for scholarships awarded to individuals in the community and employees pursuing a career in health care.
- $211,852 to NCMC Departments to support the Hospitality House, CardioVascular Institute Heart Conference, Heart Safe City program, Emergency and Trauma Care Symposium, Monfort Family Birth Center, Western States Burn Center, Med Evac flight suits, ophthalmologic slit lamp teaching aid, Doctor’s Day appreciation, Weigh & Win Kiosk, and NCMC staff education.
- $15,239 for one-time prescription assistance to people in Weld County who have an urgent medication need, but no way to cover the cost.
- $43,114 to support the Will Rothman Family Chaplaincy Program which provides hundreds of patients and families the opportunity to receive emotional and spiritual comfort when facing illness, injury, major surgery, or after learning of a life changing diagnosis.
To learn more about how you can make a difference click here to download our Supported Programs brochure.