The NCMC Foundation is committed to supporting healthcare programs within the North Colorado Medical Center and throughout the community. We are pleased that you have chosen to visit our website and invite you to read more about the programs we support.
2014 Grants and Scholarships Awarded
The North Colorado Medical Center Foundation funds lifesaving and life-changing programs both at North Colorado Medical Center and in the community.
The following grants have been distributed through the third quarter of this year:
- $120,000 for the Monfort Children’s Clinic to fund architectural and plaza upgrades, to include pedestrian walkways and landscaping, in preparation for the new family medicine clinic being built adjacent to the Monfort Children’s Clinic. The family medicine clinic will be operated by Sunrise Community Health and completes the healthcare campus which includes the Monfort Children’s Clinic and Sunrise Family Dental Clinic.
- $90,000 for the Curtis Strong Center for the Visually Impaired to support low vision services and adult eyeglass and eye surgery programs.
- $68,125 for scholarships awarded to individuals pursuing a career in health care.
- $59,470 in patient support programs for qualified individuals. Support includes purchasing specialized burn garments for burn outpatients, assistance with living expenses for patients undergoing various cancer treatments and fitness programs for Cardiac and Pulmonary patients.
- $57,104 to NCMC Departments to support the CardioVascular Institute Heart Conference, Heart Safe City program, Monfort Family Birth Center, Hospitality House, Western States Burn Center, Doctor’s Day appreciation, Weigh & Win Kiosk, and NCMC staff education.
- $15,754 for flight suits, continuing education, and resale apparel for North Colorado Med Evac.
- $14,615 for one-time prescription assistance to people in Weld County who have an urgent medication need, but no way to cover the cost.
- $11,174 to support the Will Rothman Family Chaplaincy Program.
- $4,721 for the Trauma Conference – Emergency and Trauma Symposium.
- $1,593 for patient educational materials.
To learn more about how you can make a difference click here to download our Supported Programs brochure.